Saturday, July 18, 2020

I've been living a theorem

I've been living a theorem
by Tilok Adnan

I've been living a lie 
telling other of my
world within a world 

where I am the proud
creator, but not so 
much that you'd find

an ounce of interest 
in me. My imagination
may be vivid, honed 

patterns through reasoning
combine the illogical 
shapes, things, places

to form unimaginable 
escapes and lanes of 
unseen what-nots, secrets 

I've kept and told you
you're no good for, or 
you won't understand

but I say this without
any knowledge of all
that you've seen in 

your travels. I feel 
inferior, inadequate
about how you crouch

over my face to let
me know you've been
there and done that and

honestly I don't care.
because I've always
liked my screens and

my paper, my canvases 
on which I paint 
the world my way 

but even then I am 
overshadowed by masters
who say I need more 

exposure to the world 
and this with time turn
my canvases too white

indiscernible as a result 
of my inability to be
better than them and 

you! Fucking hell, maybe
I'm just a dumpster and 
when you take off my lid

all you'll see are
crumpled paper, acetate 
bags full of them

enough to give you a
smirk and enough for
me to know I am 

trash, waiting to be 
poured clean of all my 
bullshit ideas of grandeur. 

There are no dragons, no
mystic lands, no future
driven dystopia, no lore

only a wasteland large 
with landfills and here 
and there ugly monkeys 

from my past who all
rummage through piles
of used ideas and play

them like a puzzle 
every night trying to 
see what fits what

which fits which, see
sometimes things form
a glitch and sometimes 

fathomable contraptions 
closer to things I have
seen on TV or read in books

hoping that doing this
long enough will lead 
to the discovery of

something nu. some thing
by which to impress, 
inter alia the world, and you.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment