Saturday, July 4, 2020

Flight


Flight for Embers in Snow
Who are you to decline my views on Who or what I am, what I do? Who cares for what you think of me? It helps to know that you would But maybe you should stop it Break into these walls in my head A ceiling full of doves and gulls A fresco painted with precision This chapel stands wide and tall You're not my kind You saw me fly You're chasing falling feathers Who are you to decrypt my views on Who or what I am, what I do? Who cares for what you've found inside? It helps to know that you could I knew that you would I am not your kind I have taken flight The ground is now below me You are running wild You are chasing feathers Tethered to your false beliefs I only hope that you break free The sun may sink in your part of the world It rises above in mine I send over the moon to your sky Hoping to shed some light You're so uptight You'll use that light To search for falling feathers You're shackled down By the vast profound Things you know are better I am not your kind I have taken flight The ground is now below me You are running wild You are chasing feathers Tethered to your false beliefs I only hope that you break free

No comments:

Post a Comment