Saturday, June 16, 2018

I was wrong.

I dreamed of my ex last night. She was heading out somewhere and our relationship was still shaky. I went behind her and hugged her like I loved her the most. She was unimpressed. She had tattoos on her arms and I came around to look at them, and she rolled her eyes or gave a frown. Whatever it was, she disapproved of me looking at the tattoos.

Even though I never want to meet her again, will never bother to know where she is, or how she is doing, I realize very well that I was a horrible partner. Seeing that look of disapproval after such a long time, albeit in my dreams, was enough to make me feel hollow. She was wrong to do what she did, and I was wrong to do what I did. And maybe she loved me a lot. But I know that in spite of all the damage I caused, I loved her like crazy. 

There will always be instances where I think I will miss her for who she was when we were together. I hope she's doing better. 


No comments:

Post a Comment