Thursday, November 12, 2015

Syndicate by Bipul Chettri

Bipul Chettri is one of those artists that make me want to learn another language just to understand his lyrics. His work is so beautiful and inspiring, and you can tell his songwriting is delicate as well. You can tell he's telling stories. After hearing his latest single Syndicate, I searched all over for a translation, and thanks to Youtube, Rakshak Shrestha has translated the song on my request. I cannot thank him enough.





We came across each other today here in the middle of Sydicate
Im standing right besides you but you're busy on your phone
Our sparking youth
I don't know your name, but I dont really care
Your eyes are telling me something
But I'm scared even of the thought of saying something
You're heading for Siligudi while I'm going to Sikkim
Your company has blinded me to the rest of the world and engulfed me in happiness
It would have been so much fun if only you could come with me
So short and strange our meeting, that we're confused if we know each other or not
I guess this is how life is
You've got to go where you've got to go
I feel like you're looking at me time and again
So I look back hoping that you are
All of this really amuses me
I imagine being with you
This twisted rain has drenched me
But still I'm amused by your weird company
The commander's call made everyone get into the bus
How heartless you were to leave me and go away just like that

9 comments:

  1. Precisely the stuff i was looking for. Been an avid follower of Bipul da's music but with unfortunately very little understanding of nepali.
    This translation of lyrics for Syndicate is so very fulfilling. Wish all his songs had translations.
    Thanks for putting this up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I couldn't find the translation anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Bipul Chettri is one of those artists that make me want to learn another language just to understand his lyrics. His work is so beautiful and inspiring, and you can tell his songwriting is delicate as well. You can tell he's telling stories"
    Greetings from Gujarat . Great to find someone with the exact same interest and purpose of learning more about this wonderful man's work . Thanks for posting the translation !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for such a beautiful translation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the translation! Such a beautiful song.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you sooo much

    ReplyDelete