Sunday, August 19, 2012

"To see with eyes..."

Miyazaki is a huge influence on me as far as my appreciation of animation and art goes. I love most of his films, and like most animated films, each film has some valuable lessons to teach. I remembered a really nice quote from Princess Mononoke today. It was, "you must see with eyes unclouded by hate". And throughout the movie the hero, Prince Ahitaka, repeats this a few times.
Lady Eboshi: What exactly are you here for?  
Prince Ashitaka: To see with eyes unclouded by hate. 
Though just a small dialogue, everyone, including me, needs to remind themselves "to see with eyes unclouded by hate". I took a picture from the net, added some type, and made a cover photo for my facebook page.

I deleted the original image on my PC, and had to download the low resolution facebook upload to post it here.




No comments:

Post a Comment