Saturday, July 21, 2012

Snapshots of today and the last few days

The last few days and today have been really hectic. I didn't get much time for myself. With my cousin's engagement and a lot of errands and random calls to meet up in the way, I wasn't able to spend too much time at home.

On Wednesday, I spent the whole day with Rushnaf bhai going to Goethe Institute in Dhanmondi. We started chatting there, and then went to the lakeside, and later to Sobahanbagh to buy a panjabi for the next day's event, and then to IBA hostel, where we met up with Mushfiq bhai.


Goethe Institute, Rushnaf bhai 
IBA Hostel Mushfiq bhai
The next day, make up classes at NSU totally took away most of my energy. I had to go to Regency Hotel for my cousin's engagement ceremony directly from university without even being able to freshen up.

Regency Hotel, Engagement Ceremony entrance sign

Regency Hotel, 14th Floor, smoking area

Regency Hotel, 14th floor, view from celebration hall 

Yesterday, I had to pay Rashik a visit. He's a friend who studies in Australia and came to Bangladesh during his summer break. He really wanted me to draw a graffiti for him, so I spent my whole afternoon at his house coming up with the idea and outlining the graffiti.


On the way to Rashik's place. Took the bus, which hardly had
any passengers, as it was a friday. 

And today, I had to go to Puran Dhaka to meet up with Nawed bhai to plan for an event. I later ended up seeing the city with a long time resident and architect, Augustine bhai.

"Artwork" on the bus seats on my way.

On the bus

Pigeons atop 

And so starts the roaming

Old architecture












First musical instrument store in Dhaka

Friendly people inside


No comments:

Post a Comment