Saturday, June 20, 2020

What Do I Think About Race?

What Do I Think About Race?
by Tilok Adnan

If people are people,
Animals are Animals.
Nature is Nature,
Colors can't be the same?
Colors don't have species
But everyone has a favorite
And I can't decide between two
I like green and black
The juxtaposition is amazing
You can get nuclear or nature
Depending on what comes first
If those colors had life
They would tell you that
It's not a race to see who is better
They would understand that more
green and less black signals
nature, growth, and harmony
But they might talk and say,
   
    Bring our friends,
    Red, Orange, and Yellow,
    All flora - make it a garden.

How stupid.
Colors can't talk.
We do. We associate
Them to things we know
Are too familiar to us.
I hate the color red.
Red will signal danger.
Red will seek attention.
Red is a pompous brat.
If people had red skin color
I would sure as hell consider
them dangerous, right?
I would hate them, right?
Right? Right? RIGHT?
But people are ... PEOPLE.
They shouldn't be hated
If they are red, or blue, or green.
People are not their colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment