Tuesday, April 7, 2020

A change in character.

A SUDDEN CHANGE IN CHARACTER/ A CONVERSATION
by Tilok Adnan


- This is no joke, this is real
- That must be a joke, that is false

- You take things too far
- I make it clear, and I bring you near

- You are just seeking attention, then
- I am being attended to

- You are so persistent and so wrong to do so
- I am persistent, and rightfully so, too

- You think this is all about you?
- I think you think about me too much

- You are forcing yourself to be someone else
- I am anything but someone else

- Why is it so hard for you to believe me?
- Why is it so hard for you to believe me?

- You are impossible; Enough!
- I am. I am. I am enough.

- Enough of you!
- Enough, in your definition,
  is the person that fits inside your radius
  of who you want me to be. A sudden shift in character
  is not something you expected. You are thinking
  about the repercussions that will be inflicted upon me
  because you are guilty of feeling the need to inflict.
  Can you rid yourself of that guilt? Or should I
  push further to ensure that you do? I am of my own making.
  I am the molder of my mold. I shape my parameters, as you do yours.

- You don't know what you're talking about. It eerily hurts me
   to see you be inflicted upon.
- No, it hurts you to know me. It hurts you to associate.
  The primal need for you to exert a change in your behavior hurts.
  It hurts you to hurt for yourself. It hurts you to hurt me.
  It hurts me. This is no joke.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment