Wednesday, December 27, 2017

2017

2017 came with many hardships, and I doubt it had anything to do with making me a better person. At the end of the day, being a good soul and kind and caring son, brother, co-worker and human being matters most, and, unfortunately, I can't call myself any of those. Maybe 2018 will be a good year. Whatever the losses, there were achievements, albeit very small ones.

1. I became an art director, with proper guidance and mentorship.
2. I worked on amazing projects, and contributed on huge extent to a lot of them.  
  • The year ended with having designed Beatbox Bangladesh's first event - BattleBoxBD's brand identity.
  • Finished working on Skitto. 
  • Contributed to projects like Deligram, Banglar Mishti, A Chinese New Year event, Voyage of Strings, and Distort.
  • Designed the 3 Piece Meal album art in collaboration with NoxMoony.
3. Had my photo published in an international award book (though I really can't take any credit for that)
4. Was able to give my sister her own laptop, and a phone for mom, and of course contributed to family expenses. 
5. Wrote and worked on 7 songs. 

All the achieve listed above are tangible, and I feel that the intangible ones are better off unlisted. 2017 was supposed to be the year of acquiring knowledge, but I failed on that completely.

I don't want to predetermine what 2018 will be about, but I do have some things I want to tick off my list. I am really hoping that 2018 is a better year, filled with positive surprises, because as we're heading closer into January, I do get anxious feeling.
Unlike other years, this one didn't go by in a flash. I remember a lot more of this year than I do the previous ones. Though most of my days were depressingly, and painstakingly spent in office. 

Cheers to another year gone. I wish to be older, wiser, and better in all forms in the days to come.















No comments:

Post a Comment