Monday, September 7, 2015

Job complete.

So Indalo's launching turned out great. The booklet was "super" appreciated. People are loving the album, and I received much appreciation for the designs as well. I didn't know that so many people are conscious about graphic design in general. I mean, when people don't see artwork, it's usually not design to most of them.

Anyways, the experience was swell, and the funny part is that last year around this time the first album I art directed was up for grabs [The Crowd's - You're Not Allowed To Say No]. That's really what got me this gig as well. It's rare to come across design jobs that you can actually artistically get involved in. So I was really happy with how things turned out.

The booklet features photography from Kazi Ferdous Pavel, Swami Ma Banyan, and A J Ghani. It also features calligraphy and hand lettering done by SomeArtJunkie. Most importantly, the Indalo Dog which is featured on the merch, and as the CD art was created by Pretty Shitty Art. It was great working with such different material.

















No comments:

Post a Comment