Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Free Writing.

1.

If there's one thing I miss the most,
It's the package.
No, not the shine and glory of all that
plasticity; not the recent rebrand -
The older, paper-packaged cookies,
that you could smell from the outside
delivered right to the nose.
The neatly tucked rims, finely trimmed
The immediate recognition of
the product inside.

I'm sorry if I've objectified.


2.

Holy fuck, what have we been through?
All the problems in the world couldn't keep me away
from opening you.
You're like a packet of cigarettes:
Hazardous to health,
but good drags of self-help,
and dizzying regrets.

You made me lose my flow.

3.

I love surprises.
I didn't look for the toy inside,
Yet when I found you,
You made me forget why
I opened this bag in the first place.
I play now, like a child
wishing it were real
Making things up in my mind,
Creating fiction.

I kind of wanna keep you,
but I am too old for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment