Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Long lost song

This is a song I wrote a long time ago, but was too personal for me to release. So I hocked it away somewhere, and forgot about it. Infact, I think the original home recording of the song was in my old PC, which I don't own anymore. I've looked around and talked with everyone who used to have the file, but to no avail. The song got lost in the circuitry of old digital devices that no longer work or that have been disowned.

Today, I thought of asking Raj (from Changing Homes) about it, because I remembered he had heard it, and so had his girlfriend, Happy. Coincidentally, Happy had recently been talking about the song, Raj told me, and had the file.

I am so happy to have found the original file. This uploaded version was a rough recording that I did today, and not the original clip. The original clip is a bit more extended and there were some lyrics that I changed later. So won't be posting that.

I think I will be working on this song again, and maybe releasing it online soon.

It's a bit loud.



Remember the time
When I held out my hand
For you to hold it for the first time and give away?
And
All of the hope, all of the anticipation
That had built up inside for that day?

I felt you grasping onto something so sure
It seemed to me that prayers had come
Washed upon my shore

Life has changed,
Strange how we never saw it coming our way
Emotions heal with time,
Only after they've run you wild

Now comes today,
Miles away we stand embraced
By what we never knew
New things we find to cherish in life
To fill the ones that have perished all the while

But I'll never let you take away
The feelings I've treasured to this day

Life has changed,
Strange how we never saw it coming our way
Emotions heal with time,
Only after they've run you wild

As much as I pretend
As much as I hate
As much I'd like to blame

You'll always be here with me

No comments:

Post a Comment