Sunday, December 23, 2012

Photographs: December 22, 2012.

Yesterday's sunlight was ominously hidden beneath Winter's fog. It seemed the Mayan's had calculated wrong the date the world would end. It was one day after. A sleep deprived me, on the chilliest winter morning Dhaka has seen as of yet, looked up and thought how tiny the sun had gotten, and yet how majestic it glowed despite that. 




The day revolved around walking mostly. I walked, and walked and walked through the tranquil roads in Bashundhara, of course with friends. And later on, I walked to the distant bus stand to catch the bus, making sure I had my trusty companion beside me. We made it in time for me to grab a cup of tea and cigarette, and also catch the bus right afterward.

Double Decker bus rides would have been so much more pleasant had there been less people on it, and had Dhaka's cruel and congested roads transformed for a day to be as empty as the paths laid out  in Bashundhara's residential area. The only thing good about the roads are the multicolored lights that pass us. Nonetheless, bus rides are fun when you have someone to talk to, or new things to discover. And today, I discovered this masterpiece.


A Nusrat S. original


I don't know if everyday has something new to teach. Of course we do new things, and end up with an experience... Anyways, I'm beginning to think that those who flaunt happiness, are the ones who make it last longer. I hardly think about happy or sad. Adult feelings seem to go expand beyond that. Nowadays, it's either scared, or mad, or alert, or - my favorite - comfortable. Young adult life doesn't seem to have a happy and a sad. No, the days aren't depressing and I'm not being a drama queen, but time seems to fly by so fast now, without even a flicker, it seems. How can you cherish something without having the time to cherish it?
...

No comments:

Post a Comment