Sunday, March 18, 2012

"meemo" by Orfred.

title: "Meemo"
written and composed by: Orfred
produced by: Rakat Zami
mixing and mastering: Rakat Zami

[DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/?2a214317y72uk5h]
__________________________________


The night sky is a canvas
On which we draw love
Pointing to the heavens above
connecting the stars

Starting on opposite ends
You finish where I began
Crossing it out as our hands
Come closer together

The softness in your eyes
Fill the absence of the clouds
And distant city lights
Guiding our movements throughout

The silence was a serenade
I sang as I held you
And you sang and held me, too
And we kissed

We saw shooting stars above
Shooting glimpses at us
Urging us to trust
This moment

The kindness of the night
Leaving us with no doubt
And the distant city lights
Guiding our movements throughout





























Note: The song is basically just what it says it is. It's about two lovers on a rooftop. It was written simply as with all Orfred songs. A few complained that the song is too short. I was thinking of adding a bit of tambourine to it. But it sounds just fine. As for mixing, I think Rakat did a great job. I wanted to keep the rawness of the song. In terms of mixing I had Those to come by The Shins in mind. I'll probably rerecord this song again, with a bit more instrumentation. But that will be the album version.

1 comment:

  1. I just heard it, ITS AWESOME.
    I can listen to this all my life... *.*

    ReplyDelete